2023 New Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Looked real good last night.
He is really going to get paid now. There is talk of bringing him back but it's really going to cost.
Remember a few years ago when he had all those no decisions? He had the least run support of any starter in baseball.

He always was a solid number three guy, not sure what he's done lately to elevate his game, I haven't seen him pitch.

But it goes to show the Yankees analytics department is feeding Cashman bad info.

And it doesn't look good for a change because I read where osne of Hals nephews is close to the asshole that is all about launch angles and hard contact.

He is really going to get paid now. There is talk of bringing him back but it's really going to cost.
Remember a few years ago when he had all those no decisions? He had the least run support of any starter in baseball.

He always was a solid number three guy, not sure what he's done lately to elevate his game, I haven't seen him pitch.

But it goes to show the Yankees analytics department is feeding Cashman bad info.

And it doesn't look good for a change because I read where osne of Hals nephews is close to the asshole that is all about launch angles and hard contact.
His stats aren't that much different from his last two seasons with the Yankees. Ironically, he still doesn't get run support based upon his 10-11 season with a 3.20 era. He's always been an above average pitcher, I'm staring to believe that the Yankee clubhouse has been somewhat toxic the past two seasons. I recall his last few starts for the Yankees he griped about being pulled early which may have led to him being dealt to St. Louis.

I agree with both @billyS and @EB's posts.

Monty was a solid number 3 in my opinion too. A good innings eater who kept you in most of the games he pitched.
It wasn't the Yankees who didn't think he could crack the post season rotation, it was Cashman and his analytics crew. They also passed on Harper and wanted Stanton - How good would Harper look in that lineup now!? He would have made them 7-10 games better then what they were this past season.

Something not right in the clubhouse, when the Captain hints at it, he saying something.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I agree with both @billyS and @EB's posts.

Monty was a solid number 3 in my opinion too. A good innings eater who kept you in most of the games he pitched.
It wasn't the Yankees who didn't think he could crack the post season rotation, it was Cashman and his analytics crew. They also passed on Harper and wanted Stanton - How good would Harper look in that lineup now!? He would have made them 7-10 games better then what they were this past season.

Something not right in the clubhouse, when the Captain hints at it, he saying something.
I would rather have Harper than Stanton, but to be fair look at what was going on back in 2017.

Harper was coming up on free agency along with Manny Machado and Boras was saying the bidding for Harper would start at $400 mil.
At that point Harper only had one really good year under his belt. I'm sure if we look back at these threads we'll find plenty of you didn't want Harper.

Stanton at the time was an elite hitter coming off a 59 home run year. Conventional wisdom was that his $325 million contract would have been obliterated by both Harper and Machdo.

The Nats won the WS the first year Harper was gone so that didn't help Harpers reputation.

What would be nice is if Harper had an opt out now that he's proven himself.

His stats aren't that much different from his last two seasons with the Yankees. Ironically, he still doesn't get run support based upon his 10-11 season with a 3.20 era. He's always been an above average pitcher, I'm staring to believe that the Yankee clubhouse has been somewhat toxic the past two seasons. I recall his last few starts for the Yankees he griped about being pulled early which may have led to him being dealt to St. Louis.
For a guy in a walking boot lol

Glad Houston is done! Guess I'm rooting for Texas now.Seeing deGrom and Scherzer in the champagne celebration is funny since neither one had any input in the team winning but celebrating crazy.I hate Max especially.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Glad to see Houston go too. Hate those fucking cheaters.

For the record, the Yankees were 12-7 against the final four teams.

Rangers 3-4
Astros 5-1
Phillies 2-1
Dbacks 2-1

Some random facts about Texas; they were
60-94 two years ago.
Then they started dumping players on the Yankees or rather the Yankees crack analytics team thought they should go get them.
Four of the listed regulars on that team were Gallo, Kiner-filpa, the immortal Willie Calhoun and Trevino.

Last year, they were 68-94 .

Now this is where it gets interesting, this year their starting lineup from 2022 was basically the same, the only real new addition was rookie third baseman Josh Jung who had an All Star year.
The pitching added ex Yankees Evoldi, Montgomery and Chapman

So I guess what I'm saying is, despite a inept front office it shouldn't be too hard to turn a 82-80 team around and point it back to the World Series. Get in the playoffs and anything can happen.

Probably more than he deserves.
But that's the way it works, good for him. Personality wise he fit the Yankees mold, not a showboat, respects the game.
Most guys make more than they deserve.,Would rather have him than Rodon anyday . Talk about making more than he deserves Rodon fits that description for sure!

Glad to see Houston go too. Hate those fucking cheaters.

For the record, the Yankees were 12-7 against the final four teams.

Rangers 3-4
Astros 5-1
Phillies 2-1
Dbacks 2-1

Some random facts about Texas; they were
60-94 two years ago.
Then they started dumping players on the Yankees or rather the Yankees crack analytics team thought they should go get them.
Four of the listed regulars on that team were Gallo, Kiner-filpa, the immortal Willie Calhoun and Trevino.

Last year, they were 68-94 .

Now this is where it gets interesting, this year their starting lineup from 2022 was basically the same, the only real new addition was rookie third baseman Josh Jung who had an All Star year.
The pitching added ex Yankees Evoldi, Montgomery and Chapman

So I guess what I'm saying is, despite a inept front office it shouldn't be too hard to turn a 82-80 team around and point it back to the World Series. Get in the playoffs and anything can happen.
Arizona, an 84 win team makes the World Series...so I guess you gotta just get in. They also only had 74 wins last year.

He has too teen aged daughters that he wants to spend more time with. He and his wife divorced a few years ago and wants to see them more, according to his podcast I think he probably goes back to MLB Network.

Status
Not open for further replies.