2023 New Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was one shitty season. There is one silver lining- we’re still better than the Mets!!!!
My favorite Yankee v Mets line is:

The year the Mets lost to the Yankees in the WS was one of the Mets top 5 seasons in their history.

The year the Mets lost to the Yankees in the WS wasn't even one of the Yankees top 10.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I don't know about you guys but I want no part of Kevin Kiermaier.
He has told people he would prefer to come to the Yankees because he wants to get off turf, both Toronto and Tampa Bay have turf fields and he likes hitting in Yankee Stadium

But the fact is he's already 34 and is often injured. Don't we already have enough older injury prone players who are past their prime?

Unless he wants to take a cheap one year contract as a stop gap until The Martian is healed I want no part of him.

He has told people he would prefer to come to the Yankees because he wants to get off turf, both Toronto and Tampa Bay have turf fields and he likes hitting in Yankee Stadium

But the fact is he's already 34 and is often injured. Don't we already have enough older injury prone players who are past their prime?

Unless he wants to take a cheap one year contract as a stop gap until The Martian is healed I want no part of him.
That’d be the plan. His age and production indicate that he can’t expect top dollar or long-term.

No way I want Kiermaier

I would be happy with one of the kids till Dominguez is ready.
That’s easy to say now. Check back in next season. They banked on one of the kids in LF coming out of ST and that was a disaster. Dominguez won’t be able to play CF until at least 2024-25. I like Kiermaier. He’s a winning player and can do some of the things that this team lacks. He won’t break the bank in dollars or term. They have a ton of other things to worry about and I’m not confident of any of the late call ups taking the reins other than Wells.

To add insult to injury, Aaron Hicks has been really, really good for Baltimore. If we had that effort in the early part of the season, it would he would have been the everyday left fielder. I'm seeing too many former Yankees succeeding for new teams. Even Mike Tauchman had a good season for the Cubs since getting the starting OF job in mid May. His OBP was .363 which is better than every Yankee except Judge.

To add insult to injury, Aaron Hicks has been really, really good for Baltimore. If we had that effort in the early part of the season, it would he would have been the everyday left fielder. I'm seeing too many former Yankees succeeding for new teams. Even Mike Tauchman had a good season for the Cubs since getting the starting OF job in mid May. His OBP was .363 which is better than every Yankee except Judge.
I think Judge alluded to it in an interview recently, that the younger players/some of the players need to work harder and WANT it more. They seem content just making the team and being a Yankee. It definitely seems like a clubhouse culture thing.

The shit Rodon did was ridiculous, that wouldn't happen on a team with Jeter, Tino, Mo, Posada, especially Posada. Everyone is so PC sensitive these days. Watch what you say or else you offend everyone and their everything. Fuck that, you want to make that kind of money then be ready to hear it if you cant walk the walk. 27 million a year for Rodon, we got 3 wins from him, 9 million per win. Not a good ROI.

Get rid of the mopers (Torres) and the crybabies (Rodon) and build a culture in that clubhouse, thats 50% of building a championship and being a winner. The dynasty years didn't have multiple superstars, they had great bench depth and solid leaders on and off the field. Tim Raines was a perfect example for those teams. Even the rehabbed Strawberry, Cecil Fielder etc. Watson and Stick picked the right players for the field and the clubhouse. Cashman picks what fancies him without a though about what a turd like Rodon would do to the clubhouse.

I would take him in a second on a 1 year deal/8 million over Cordero, McKinney, Bauers.
Ideal swing for the stadium, elite defense, good speed, total gamer. A baseball savant type.

I just hope the Yankees really think these things out and don't just throw money at all these free agents without realizing if its a good fit for the clubhouse and team.

I wouldn't touch Chapman (Toronto) and I am weary of Bellinger's career year after 4 years of struggling.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I would take him in a second on a 1 year deal/8 million over Cordero, McKinney, Bauers.
Ideal swing for the stadium, elite defense, good speed, total gamer. A baseball savant type.

I just hope the Yankees really think these things out and don't just throw money at all these free agents without realizing if its a good fit for the clubhouse and team.

I wouldn't touch Chapman (Toronto) and I am weary of Bellinger's career year after 4 years of struggling.
Yeah Chapman hasn't hit in years.
I agree about KK, only on a one year low contract but I suspect someone will over pay for him. Like the Mets did with Marte.

“The shit Rodon did was ridiculous, that wouldn't happen on a team with Jeter, Tino, Mo, Posada, especially Posada.”

That shit did happen with those guys. It just didn’t usually happen twice.

Hell, I would offer Andujar a minor league contract. After absolutely raking in AAA (check his stats - they were draw dropping) he had a terrific September for the Pirates. He's better than McKinney and Bauers.

Status
Not open for further replies.