TextNow making autocalls

Every few months textnow will show via the badge count on the home screen icon that I have some messages. However when I load textnow it seems that it auromatically makes a phone call. The first few times I thought maybe I hit a key accidentally or that I coindicentally got a call when I hapened to load textno but this has happened now enough times that it is clearly some kind of callback. I immediately X out of it, but by then whoever did whatever is going on has no doubt verified my (textnow) number and hopefully not worse sometihng worse. Also I'm not 100% certain but I do believe in at least some of the cases that it rings the bell notification too. Oddly though the number that is called never shows up in my incall log thing and I don't know how to view outcalls from textnow.

Does anybody know what this is, what exactly is happening for this to occur, and of course how to disable it?

You’re probably using the free version. Something similar uses to happen to me too. I’m laying for it now, it’s probably the most stable text app I was able to find.

Yes, I am using the free version. But I've been using it like I dun't know like 8 years and never had this problem before. Why would a free version have something where when you load it it calls a number while a paid versoin would not have that? Like some sort of callback is being added (no pun intended) somehow that gets triggered what the app loads.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Yes, I am using the free version. But I've been using it like I dun't know like 8 years and never had this problem before. Why would a free version have something where when you load it it calls a number while a paid versoin would not have that? Like some sort of callback is being added (no pun intended) somehow that gets triggered what the app loads.
Who exactly is it calling? The last number you called?

Yes, I am using the free version. But I've been using it like I dun't know like 8 years and never had this problem before. Why would a free version have something where when you load it it calls a number while a paid version would not have that? Like some sort of callback is being added (no pun intended) somehow that gets triggered what the app loads.
IMHO has nothing to do with free vs paid versions.
Sounds like your app has been hacked and is trying to recruit others.

Maybe IT guys here can coment.

IMHO has nothing to do with free vs paid versions.
Sounds like your app has been hacked and is trying to recruit others.

Maybe IT guys here can coment.
I agree. More than likely someone has hacked your account login name and password. So more than likely whatever they use it for, reflects directly in your phone app and you can see the activity.

At minimum, change the password and see if they have 2 factor authentication. Especially if they're doing something illegal and you might be considered the one doing it.

I agree. More than likely someone has hacked your account login name and password. So more than likely whatever they use it for, reflects directly in your phone app and you can see the activity.

At minimum, change the password and see if they have 2 factor authentication. Especially if they're doing something illegal and you might be considered the one doing it.
yeah I change the password the other day so let's see what's happens moving forward. Thanks.