Blood sugar and erections

billyS

Reign of Terror
I didn't know that was a thing.
Blood sugar can have an affect on the quality of your erection?

Anyone else know anything about this?

Serious responses only.

Oh yeah, very much so. Especially if your diabetes has been an issue for some period of time. The longer you've had the issue, the more likely a high level blood sugar will effect your johnson, and how long it will effect it even after your sugar goes down.

It has to do with the damage done to the vascular system over time.

It is the main reason why diabetes is a leading cause of male erectile dysfunction.

I didn't know that was a thing.
Blood sugar can have an affect on the quality of your erection?

Anyone else know anything about this?

Serious responses only.
I’m diabetic I usually fast during the week in the mornings until like noon but today I ate breakfast since I haven’t gotten up to fasting more than 5 days a week yet. Fasting helps me lose weight so I can stop being diabetic but when my sugar is spiking I either pop too quickly (like within 1-2 mins) or not enough blood is getting to my Johnson but I don’t pop quick I usually Pop after 15-20 mins when my sugar is normal and I can keep wood unless the stimuli is aggressive then it’s about 10 mins but the hardness goes up and down based on my sugar I was at 170 blood sugar (I have a attach meter that feeds me data real time) during this session.

pills don’t really work for me they just add to the bust time(can cause me not to bust for like 30 mins) .

billyS

Reign of Terror
Oh yeah, very much so. Especially if your diabetes has been an issue for some period of time. The longer you've had the issue, the more likely a high level blood sugar will effect your johnson, and how long it will effect it even after your sugar goes down.

It is the main reason why diabetes is a leading cause of male erectile dysfunction.
Thanks for the response
I've never had a problem with blood sugar or blood pressure for that matter.

I was wondering about if you didn't eat anything all day then went to have a quickie, and you didn't get as hard as normal or it took longer than normal to get hard could that be tied to blood sugar or insulin levels?

billyS

Reign of Terror
I’m diabetic I usually fast during the week in the mornings until like noon but today I ate breakfast since I haven’t gotten up to fasting more than 5 days a week yet. Fasting helps me lose weight so I can stop being diabetic but when my sugar is spiking I either pop too quickly (like within 1-2 mins) or not enough blood is getting to my Johnson but I don’t pop quick I usually Pop after 15-20 mins when my sugar is normal and I can keep wood unless the stimuli is aggressive then it’s about 10 mins but the hardness goes up and down based on my sugar I was at 170 blood sugar (I have a attach meter that feeds me data real time) during this session.

pills don’t really work for me they just add to the bust time(can cause me not to bust for like 30 mins) .
I was typing while you posted that, so I didn't see it until I finished typing my question.

Thanks for the response

Thanks for the response
I've never had a problem with blood sugar or blood pressure for that matter.

I was wondering about if you didn't eat anything all day then went to have a quickie, and you didn't get as hard as normal or it took longer than normal to get hard could that be tied to blood sugar or insulin levels?
Depends on your particular blood chemistry and other factors. You could have nerve, vascular or both, damage from an auto accident for instance.

There are just too many variables to add into the mix to answer that broad based. You have to be speaking to the specific problems of an individual with a known history.

billyS

Reign of Terror

Do you have a window where you eat?
I've been talking to people who swear by intermittent fasting, not just for losing weight but for feeling better overall.

But usually the window is like 11:00 to 8:00pm and I don't like to eat that late (if I can help it) for other reasons.

Do you have a window where you eat?
I've been talking to people who swear by intermittent fasting, not just for losing weight but for feeling better overall.

But usually the window is like 11:00 to 8:00pm and I don't like to eat that late (if I can help it) for other reasons.
I do 8pm to 12noon during the week and weekends I eat after 9 and before 7. But that’s just based on me.

My blood sugar is on the high side and am considered pre diabetic - I do take various meds to control this —

Despite sugar being high, I’ve never had a problem with an erection nor staying hard- Predisposition to cumming quickly, but I do not think it’s related

As @Thorn suggested, I think there are too many variables…

While on the subject of male health, has anyone experienced any type of side effect ( performance related) while taking Proscsr ( finesteride) for BPH?

It also is known to so limit blood flow to your toes such that they become gangrenous and need to be amputated.
diabetes is serious stuff. No joke.
A movie Nothing in common with Tom Hanks and Jackie Gleason has the Gleason character needing to get his toes amputated. Was on TV couple of days ago.

I am an insulin pump dependent diabetic and I can concur that high blood sugar affects my erection, with my pump site and CGM (Continues Glucose Monitor) it is hard to explain to a provider especially if they don't speak English why I have these items on my stomach. I ensure my sugar is below 150 if I plan on doing something

Prediabetic here as well.

High glucose 100% affects your ability to get all the way hard.

Thing is you also don't want to go too low because that could lead to being dead
Just curious — are you ( @thezoos and @DopeJohnson ) in good shape? By that I mean reasonable BMI and cardio couple times a week and strength training couple times a week. If not best treatment for type 2 is doing just that.

.....While on the subject of male health, has anyone experienced any type of side effect ( performance related) while taking Proscsr ( finesteride) for BPH?
BTW, my Rx spells it finasteride.

Some info, FWIW.

I started takin the drug maybe 8 years ago (my late 60's) when my PSA started creeping up (went to 4.2) My GP said see a urologist which I did, He said: You have enlarged prostate which is common with older guys. The PSA can be raising because of that or cancer or both. Instead of biopsy take finasteride and if PSA drops not cancer.

So I took the stuff, 1X/day, 5mg for 6 months, and PSA dropped to under 1.0. So doc said take half a pill every other day from now on. PSA still under 1.0 (6 years of tests). No more PSA tests (I aged out I guess)

Doc said some guys take it as it stimulates hair growth and could cause drop in Libido.

what I saw ( and also read online from drug sites:
small drop in libido (I only go to Flushing 3X a week now instead of 5X a week before.

zero desire to masturbate.

shrinkage of penis (yikes!) but this was only in flaccid state — no effect on size of erection.

Can not cum with CBJ anymore (ok with BBBJ) — also may be more of an age thing.

I'm up to 75mg of "V" now, used to be 20mg for rock hard. Maybe this is more of an age factor.

No more stuffy nose from "V" — used to have to take Afrin or when I was lying face down of massage table couldn't breathe thru stuffy nose.

If I stop consuming liquids a couple of hours before sleeping I can get thru the night w/o getting up to pee.

Didn't see any difference in hair growth (although my hair is thinner — the actual strands are thinner, not less hair) I still have full head of hair. (Damn you bald guys are lucky — I still have to waste money and time on haircuts, shampoo, conditioner, etc)

When I use up the remainder of my RX I don't intend to renew.