2023 - 2024 NY Knicks

Game they could of won last night against the Celtics who are predicted to be NBA champions. Brunson and Randle stunk but if the team shot better free throws they would have won.
Plus they were up six with four minutes to go. Porzingas torched us. Terrible matchup for Mitch.

Randle, offensively, has been terrible this season. RJ should be back soon. He seems improved.

God awful loss at home to an injury ridden Cleveland. They continue to throw stinkers at the Garden

Unless we get Embid in a trade, we're still looking at a four through six seed at best. I would not give up the farm for Townes, no way.

I still believe they are a star player away from being a contender. They have the pieces, but Julius Randle can't be a second option when he is likely to disappear when it matters. Hopefully they make a great trade/pickup at the trade deadline.

I still believe they are a star player away from being a contender. They have the pieces, but Julius Randle can't be a second option when he is likely to disappear when it matters. Hopefully they make a great trade/pickup at the trade deadline.
That's the problem: no stars want to play for them

They are 5-4 right now and in 3 of those losses they beat themselves. The Pelicans were the only team to outplay them and that was the second game of a road back to back. The game against the Clippers was a masterpiece and I stated above that they found their game that night. They've been playing great ever since and you can see by the way they are moving the ball that something special is happening. I'm seeing a much better level of play than what I saw last year. RJ Barrett has improved tremendously from last year that I don't think there's a need for obtaining a superstar. Their second team is the best in the league. If they can beat Boston tomorrow night in Boston they'll be sending a statement to the rest of the NBA to take note.

That's the problem: no stars want to play for them
True in the past, but not now. The aura and energy of the garden and playing in front of Knick fans is a big attraction. Maybe not on par with the pussy they can get in Miami and LA but they can see that the Knick players are having a good time playing together. Also Donovan Mitchell and Zion Williamson have said they would like to be here.

They have played well this week and are moving the ball in a manner that I have never seen. Julius is even finding open players when double teamed which in the past led to a bad shot or turnover. Perhaps it's more playing time for Dante and Josh when RJ and Grimes were out. The swap out of Toppin for DD has improved the team. They should win 50 games this year barring injury.

The likelihood of acquiring a better #2 than Julius Randle is probably moot though I'm sure the Raptors would deal Pascal Siakam since he's a free agent next year. It's seems difficult to find the right fit for this team unless you're dealing Randle or RJ. I'm hesitant to deal RJ unless I'm getting fair value. He's still only 23 and his shooting is greatly improved.

Not to mention the incredible play of Mitchell Robinson which often gets overlooked. At 26, he's now the Knicks 3rd leading offensive rebounder in team history.

I though they played great last night defeating a Charlotte team that shot really well

They are a very good team right now.

The Knicks play great, but they have to show that they can consistently beat the better teams. The next two games will be telling since they have Miami and Phoenix, but I can see them running the table until their road game with Phoenix.

The Knicks play great, but they have to show that they can consistently beat the better teams. The next two games will be telling since they have Miami and Phoenix, but I can see them running the table until their road game with Phoenix.
I'll give them a pass in Minnesota. They are scary good this year and are my longshot selection to win the West.

With both games at home, they should win. Tyler Herro has been out the past few games, Miami is quite stripped down from the playoff team that beat us. Phoenix has been meh this year. I expect the Knicks will be the favorite in both games. But both teams have superstars that can influence winning or losing.

They should be good games.

I'll give them a pass in Minnesota. They are scary good this year and are my longshot selection to win the West.

With both games at home, they should win. Tyler Herro has been out the past few games, Miami is quite stripped down from the playoff team that beat us. Phoenix has been meh this year. I expect the Knicks will be the favorite in both games. But both teams have superstars that can influence winning or losing.

They should be good games.
I agree, but Miami is looking really good right now. 9-1 in their last 10 games and sitting at 10-5. It will definitely be a good hard fought game.

"Hack a Mitch" is a problem. How a professional ballplayer can't shoot free throws is beyond me. Just practice, practice and practice.
I think the pressure gets to him. He seems tight when he gets to the line.

The whole team needs to shoot better as well. Not sure what the deal is with Brunson lately, he's missed quite a few in the fourth quarter the past few games.

So we qualified for the tournament. I may be in the minority, but I think the format is kind of dumb, specifically the point differential piece. I mean, I get it, there has to be a way to determine tie-breakers, because of the conference set-up. I still don't understand how this impacts the regular season schedule with the game in Milwaukee monday night. Does this mean the Knicks play 83 games or more should they win? On the flip side, the game against Milwaukee should be fun.

So we qualified for the tournament. I may be in the minority, but I think the format is kind of dumb, specifically the point differential piece. I mean, I get it, there has to be a way to determine tie-breakers, because of the conference set-up. I still don't understand how this impacts the regular season schedule with the game in Milwaukee monday night. Does this mean the Knicks play 83 games or more should they win? On the flip side, the game against Milwaukee should be fun.
NETS were robbed by this point differential rule ugh smh!