SAA - Sex Addicts Anon

Anybody ever feel like this “hobby” is consuming them? Their thoughts? Their judgement??

i have a friend who is trying to get sober and he enrolled in an intensive AA program. 5 nights a week meetings and zoom calls. One day checking in with him on his progress and seeing if he needed to talk he said “you know, you could
Use one of these programs for sex addicts!!” I tell him mostly everything and he has been part of 3 and 4 somes w me twice

i was shocked and taken back but laughed it off so as not to argue w a guy dealing w enough. Fast forward a few days later, and I find myself being somewhere and doing something I’d swore I’d never do bc it consumed my thoughts all day, and I hear his words replaying in my head.

I went on Reddit and found their Green Book and took their assessment. Not until I read it did it hit me that this was me for the last 14 years.

Just want to see if I’m alone in this or others shared my thoughts?

I'm glad you're learning more about yourself COD4. For me I would be worried about the addiction if it gets in the way of my work or personal life. Since what I engage in doesn't harm anyone and I budget for the hobby as needed, I like the pleasure I derive from it.

I'm glad you're learning more about yourself COD4. For me I would be worried about the addiction if it gets in the way of my work or personal life. Since what I engage in doesn't harm anyone and I budget for the hobby as needed, I like the pleasure I derive from it.
i budget and don’t spend what i shouldn’t but I make good money so the budget is pretty nice. Lol

I wouldn’t say it’s getting in way of personal life but I have seen a disturbing trend at work where I take a break to clear my head and go down a rabbit hole for 20-30 mins trying to connect and set something up.

the only person I am putting in harms way is myself with some situations at shady places or the car and parking lot I found myself in the other day.

i budget and don’t spend what i shouldn’t but I make good money so the budget is pretty nice. Lol

I wouldn’t say it’s getting in way of personal life but I have seen a disturbing trend at work where I take a break to clear my head and go down a rabbit hole for 20-30 mins trying to connect and set something up.

the only person I am putting in harms way is myself with some situations at shady places or the car and parking lot I found myself in the other day.
Hope you have dark tint.

I tried sex addicts at a location in garden city, not one female was present, it was a straight sausage fest lol, once they started talking religion stuff I said its not for me and didn't go back to any future meetings.

I've always considered myself a "functioning" AMP addict. I never spend more than I can afford, and I have never missed work, family or social events because of it. I have gone as many as 3 times in one week, or as little as 1 time in 3 weeks.

I have also known quite a few functioning alcoholics. I also know someone who was a functioning alcoholic until the addiction took over and had a negative impact on his life. It was at the point that he went to AA and got clean.

When this hobby of mine becomes a higher priority than work, my financial well being, or my family, then I will seek a path to stop.

I tried sex addicts at a location in garden city, not one female was present, it was a straight sausage fest lol, once they started talking religion stuff I said its not for me and didn't go back to any future meetings.
So far I only found meetings in Bohemia. And Telemeetings. Haven’t ventured to try. Reading the Green Book and 12 steps. More than half are religion based which I glossed over. The others are very good and quite eye opening.

Oh I hear you. It used to consume most of my time. I spent hours a day on here, on other sites looking for woman. Looking at the pics, reviews, prices, trying to set up appointments, going after NPFP, everywhere I went, trying to hook up with someone. Many hours a day. I felt like I had a side job. Went to strip clubs a lot. At night , during the day, trying to get the bar tender, trying to get the stripper for take out. I didn’t want the lap dance in there. I wanted something different, plus it was like a challenge also. But did I have an addiction to it. Fuck yea, and I still do. I just have it more under control, just a little . Was it affecting my work? Yes. Family? Yes.

Oh I hear you. It used to consume most of my time. I spent hours a day on here, on other sites looking for woman. Looking at the pics, reviews, prices, trying to set up appointments, going after NPFP, everywhere I went, trying to hook up with someone. Many hours a day. I felt like I had a side job. Went to strip clubs a lot. At night , during the day, trying to get the bar tender, trying to get the stripper for take out. I didn’t want the lap dance in there. I wanted something different, plus it was like a challenge also. But did I have an addiction to it. Fuck yea, and I still do. I just have it more under control, just a little . Was it affecting my work? Yes. Family? Yes.
Thanks for sharing. That is where I was at. Trying to make everything a hookup. Woman in stores, bartenders, etc. spending days on sites researching, texting, messaging. Woman, TS even went on a bi/gay site cruising for connections. Had done both the trans and bi stuff in the past.

I guess, like you, I have to try and reign it in. That’s where I am at right now. I have totally last control of it. Affecting my work, yes it is. Affecting my family, just my wife for the last 14 years.

Thanks for sharing. That is where I was at. Trying to make everything a hookup. Woman in stores, bartenders, etc. spending days on sites researching, texting, messaging. Woman, TS even went on a bi/gay site cruising for connections. Had done both the trans and bi stuff in the past.

I guess, like you, I have to try and reign it in. That’s where I am at right now. I have totally last control of it. Affecting my work, yes it is. Affecting my family, just my wife for the last 14 years.
Just curious do you guys jerk off at all?

Yes. Sometimes that’s the only way to break the cycle of going down a rabbit hole when you don’t get responses. For me at least
Glad I'm not the only one who does this. Rubbing one out quickly diminishes the urge to drop 200 on a piece of ass for a few nuts.

Also glad I'm not the only one who's dealing with the urges. Seems like my situation is not unique as I relate alot with what is being discussed in this thread.

Glad I'm not the only one who does this. Rubbing one out quickly diminishes the urge to drop 200 on a piece of ass for a few nuts.

Also glad I'm not the only one who's dealing with the urges. Seems like my situation is not unique as I relate alot with what is being discussed in this thread.
nice..glad to know it’s not just me as well …lol

sometimes it makes it worse when I think I’m the only one thinking like this and am I really fucked in the head. Scares me a bit.

Not that it makes the situation as a whole any better but comfort in knowing others are battling same urges. It makes me just think it’s just being a guy and horny and lack of self control.

I have been doing better and getting urges. Some I can stave off but others push to hard and I actually go hunting. Just short of calling. I think stress is a trigger.

@lightweight nailed my sentiments. Thanks for this.