2024 New York Yankees

How much longer you think Yankees will ride with Stanton?
10 ks in his last 19 at bats, 42 ks in 124 at bats on the season.
I got no problem if you bat him 7-9, but he can't be in the 4-5 spot with stats like that, not too mention he cant run.

You think they would release him?

I think Volpe should come out of the leadoff spot, hasn't done well at all. Doesn't look that comfortable. Give Berti a shot maybe? Ton of speed.

billyS

Reign of Terror
How much longer you think Yankees will ride with Stanton?
10 ks in his last 19 at bats, 42 ks in 124 at bats on the season.
I got no problem if you bat him 7-9, but he can't be in the 4-5 spot with stats like that, not too mention he cant run.

You think they would release him?

I think Volpe should come out of the leadoff spot, hasn't done well at all. Doesn't look that comfortable. Give Berti a shot maybe? Ton of speed.
Yeah Volpe has cooled off but I have a feeling they are going to ride it out with him.

I like Berti so far. I like Verdugo also.

Yeah Volpe has cooled off but I have a feeling they are going to ride it out with him.

I like Berti so far. I like Verdugo also.
I thought about Verdugo in the leadoff spot too. Move Judge up to 2, Soto to 3.

Verdugo
Judge
Soto
Rizzo
Torres
Cabrerra
Volpe
Stanton
Well/Trevino

I might put them on tonight for the first time in 10 days, still fun to beat and hate on Houston.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I can't believe Miami traded Arraez and we weren't in on it
He is exactly the type of hitter this lineup needs. Put him at the top of the lineup at 2B and dump Torres.

@NINE-LIVES - I'd leave Soto/Judge at 2/3. It works. Soto is the better hitter.

I can't believe Miami traded Arraez and we weren't in on it
He is exactly the type of hitter this lineup needs. Put him at the top of the lineup at 2B and dump Torres.

@NINE-LIVES - I'd leave Soto/Judge at 2/3. It works. Soto is the better hitter.
Agreed about Arraez, he would be perfect for this lineup. All contact, low K rate.
Padres are always aggressive on trade market.

I am completely done with Torres. He is easily the lowest baseball IQ I have ever seen. He screwed up on the basepaths again yesterday. I get it - we were way ahead but he makes these huge mistakes way too often. They will not extend him - They need to think about moving him at the deadline. I really would hate to see him make a big mistake in the playoffs.

On a separate note. Yanks are now hitting and they are really pitching well. Things are shaping up ... and I know Stanton can go into DEEP LONG funks but right now he is hitting ... if he hits 250 with 35 HRS and 85-100 RBI - you gotta stick with him. Eating like $108 mill is a lot. He is signed through 2027 with a $10 mill buyout for 2028.

pokler

Power Bottom
I am completely done with Torres. He is easily the lowest baseball IQ I have ever seen. He screwed up on the basepaths again yesterday. I get it - we were way ahead but he makes these huge mistakes way too often. They will not extend him - They need to think about moving him at the deadline. I really would hate to see him make a big mistake in the playoffs.

On a separate note. Yanks are now hitting and they are really pitching well. Things are shaping up ... and I know Stanton can go into DEEP LONG funks but right now he is hitting ... if he hits 250 with 35 HRS and 85-100 RBI - you gotta stick with him. Eating like $108 mill is a lot. He is signed through 2027 with a $10 mill buyout for 2028.
Yeah there was no reason to not to run home on that play .

I get what you're saying regarding Stanton, can't eat that money. Terrible deal, we all know.

In his last 10 games he has struck out 19 times in 40 at bats with 2 hrs and 4 rbi's, while his average has fallen from .240 to .220 currently.
A DH has got to produce more than that. Yeah he runs into a few here and there when the Yankees are up by 6 runs and facing mediocre relievers. But in crunch time he is a strikeout machine. Need better production than that out of the 5 hole. When Dominguez and DJ get back I would consider benching him for those 2 and even Cabrerra.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I get what you're saying regarding Stanton, can't eat that money. Terrible deal, we all know.

In his last 10 games he has struck out 19 times in 40 at bats with 2 hrs and 4 rbi's, while his average has fallen from .240 to .220 currently.
A DH has got to produce more than that. Yeah he runs into a few here and there when the Yankees are up by 6 runs and facing mediocre relievers. But in crunch time he is a strikeout machine. Need better production than that out of the 5 hole. When Dominguez and DJ get back I would consider benching him for those 2 and even Cabrerra.
Not sure how much DJ has left in the tank. In hindsight (which is always 20/20) we should have let him walk, he'd be the Mets problem right now.

The two biggest problems are Torres and Stanton.

Not sure how much DJ has left in the tank. In hindsight (which is always 20/20) we should have let him walk, he'd be the Mets problem right now.

The two biggest problems are Torres and Stanton.
Quite possibly , had they not been cheap and given him the 4 years and 90 instead of spreading it out over 6 he would be gone after this season. I hold out some hope he has a little bit left in the tank.

Torres is a head scratcher, looks awful at the plate and in the field. Clearly the free agency thing / next contract is wearing on him.

The fact that the pressure of playing for a contract is getting to him …… is a reason NOT to give him that contract.
I agree, I wouldn't resign him. Use the Torres money to try and resign Soto.
DJ, Peraza, and Cabrerra can all play 2B as can Berti.
If Torres gets hot maybe move him and some prospects for a big piece to add to the lineup / rotation.

I know these things have a way of working themselves out but if Cole came back today who do you drop from the rotation?
Rodon and Stroman make too much money and have veteran status
Nestor?
Probably Schmitt or Gil but both are pitching well, especially Gil and don't deserve to get bumped.

It doesn't pay to send Gil down to keep him stretched out because why waste his innings at AAA? I think maybe he becomes a Michael King type reliever for the rest of the year.

I know these things have a way of working themselves out but if Cole came back today who do you drop from the rotation?
Rodon and Stroman make too much money and have veteran status
Nestor?
Probably Schmitt or Gil but both are pitching well, especially Gil and don't deserve to get bumped.

It doesn't pay to send Gil down to keep him stretched out because why waste his innings at AAA? I think maybe he becomes a Michael King type reliever for the rest of the year.
Gil has great stuff! You cant send him down, I think you're right, let him be a late innings guy who can go 2 innings. Hamilton, Weaver, Santana all scare me a bit. I would NOT bring Gil in with runners on type of situations. His walk rate is high, I would only have him start innings. He could shorten some of the starters games who struggle third time around. They go five or 6, have Gil go 7-8th inning, good bridge to Clay.

Or maybe you package him for a bomb bat - His value is at its highest currently.