2015 JETS A New Era Begins...................again!

Was surprised we got what we got for Zach, to move up that many spots and Denver paying half his salary, coup for Douglas.
He was a bust and most of us knew it on draft day. Terrible pick.
This draft is it for the Douglas regime, has to get this right.

I want a freak WR opposite Wilson so bad, but we need that OL more.

Was surprised we got what we got for Zach, to move up that many spots and Denver paying half his salary, coup for Douglas.
He was a bust and most of us knew it on draft day. Terrible pick.
This draft is it for the Douglas regime, has to get this right.

I want a freak WR opposite Wilson so bad, but we need that OL more.
I think Wilson was def to blame, but so were the Jets. That's why I'm hoping in the later rounds, we pick a QB we don't immediately plan to start, like we did with both Wilson and Darnold. Get a Jordan Travis or Sam Hartman, keep him on the bench for two years learning from Aaron Rodgers. Develop him properly for the pro league. That's what NFL teams used to do with college Quarterbacks they drafted.

I think Wilson was def to blame, but so were the Jets. That's why I'm hoping in the later rounds, we pick a QB we don't immediately plan to start, like we did with both Wilson and Darnold. Get a Jordan Travis or Sam Hartman, keep him on the bench for two years learning from Aaron Rodgers. Develop him properly for the pro league. That's what NFL teams used to do with college Quarterbacks they drafted.
In theory, yes. I just have no confidence that they have the infrastructure in place to develop a project QB. They’ve consistently failed with 1st rounders. If they end up cleaning house, I have no faith that Woody can find someone to do it in the next go around, either. I wish I was wrong.

billyS

Reign of Terror
True, in the old days a guy like Ken Stabler sat behind Daryl Lamaonica for a few years.

The main problem with that is now if take a QB in the upper rounds especially the 1st you have to pay him a lot and that eats into the cap.
There wasn't a cap back then.

So now to get their money's worth the team almost has to play them right away

I like the OL pick, had Rome not gone at 9 I bet he would be a Jet.
Corley sounds exciting on paper, could be perfect fit in slot with Wilson and Williams on outside.
I would try to grab 1 more OL-Man and hope you strike gold. A safety, running back, Line backer, and a dart throw reclamation project type of QB in 6-7th round.

I like the OL pick, had Rome not gone at 9 I bet he would be a Jet.
Corley sounds exciting on paper, could be perfect fit in slot with Wilson and Williams on outside.
I would try to grab 1 more OL-Man and hope you strike gold. A safety, running back, Line backer, and a dart throw reclamation project type of QB in 6-7th round.
I wanted Odunze so bad, agree that if the Bears hadn't nabbed him right before the Jets, he would have been wearing the green and white.

I like Corley too but was hoping for Troy Franklin. Corley does give me Elijah Moore vibes. I wished we had gotten another WR to stretch the field with Wilson.

Love the Jordan Travis pick, I watched him play at Florida State and think he can really flourish under Rodgers.

Not sure why we picked two RBs, would have picked up some more OL help.

I wanted Odunze so bad, agree that if the Bears hadn't nabbed him right before the Jets, he would have been wearing the green and white.

I like Corley too but was hoping for Troy Franklin. Corley does give me Elijah Moore vibes. I wished we had gotten another WR to stretch the field with Wilson.

Love the Jordan Travis pick, I watched him play at Florida State and think he can really flourish under Rodgers.

Not sure why we picked two RBs, would have picked up some more OL help.
The second RB pick was a head scratcher for me as well. Must say they don't think that highly of Izzy, or his fit for their scheme.